Satan Has Risen

"I..I don't know, maybe she was just tired?" Susan suggested. Lydia didn't quite agree. "No. She wasn't tired. She looked sad and depressed, and when I walked away she didn't react at all. She looked like a shriveled up weed in the sun." This time Susan didn't talk. Instead she just looked down at the ground and to Lydia's ears she could hear a little, very faint sarcastic laugh. There was silence the rest of the way home and when they reached their houses, nothing was said apart from a soft bye.
"Mum! I'm home. I've got so much to tell you!" Lydia shouted, as she opened the door to her house. It was a nice cream colour, two storey house with trees surrounding a brick path and a sparkly blue pool out the back. Lydia raced inside eager to tell her Mother about school.
"Yes honey? What's the matter?" Michelle, Lydia's mum, asked with great curiosity. Michelle Dawn is a lovely looking lady, with brown eyes to go with her 18 inch long brown hair with blonde ombré at the bottom. Lydia was very proud to be the daughter of such a beautiful mother.
"Oh mum, Miss Clang she...she wasn't right today. Instead of being happy and cheerful, she was like a dead kangaroo on the side of the road."
"What a cold way to put something" laughed her mum. "How about we order pizza tonight? Your father is out anyway." Lydia agreed to this right away. She set the table and turned on the T.V. She couldn't wait to spend another night with just her mum.
"Is Mya here? Or Robyn?" Lydia asked.
"No," Michelle sighed. "They're out with some friends, again."
Dinner went super fast and before she knew it she was tucked up in bed listening to her mother’s voice. She loved it when her mother sang. It made her drift off to sleep easier. Lydia was almost in dreamland when suddenly there was a big...
BANG!
CRASH!
"Ahhh! Help! Mum!" Lydia screamed, sitting up in her bed. Glass was shattered all over her sheets and rain was pouring through the window. The wind had suddenly picked up and before long, it was like a mini tornado had come in like it owned the place. Lydia ducked under her covers crying and screaming.
"MUM!!! HELP ME!!!" Lydia tried once again. Just as it felt like the world was about to end it turned suspiciously calm. Lydia looked up above her covers and scanned the room for any paranormal activity. There was none. She decided to get out of her bed and head to her mother's room. As she got out of her bed and started walking forward, the wind suddenly got a mind of its own and blew the door shut and, surprisingly, locked it.
"Ohhh God," Lydia whispered to herself. If the door was out of bounds, there was no way of getting out.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!