A Deceiving Ruler

How can she torment others? Lives like peasants all but one. She's the Queen resting upon her throne as her mocking words are sung.

At the snap of her finger is she able to be satisfied, that's what her people once thought. However; now is her hunger expanding as quickly as ever, and their faces sink in distraught.

She's a Queen, the only one, since the last King came to pass. Now the townsfolk come to grow weary, for it's like a dark spell had been cast.

"Oh my, what trickery!" A peasant cries, for now their leader appears to be transparent. A Witch whom came in the form of a Queen, but now she is seen as a tyrant.

So her people begin to hiss hateful whisper's, yet still remained afraid. Of the Witch whom abducted their souls, and sold their freedom away.

Soon shall their courage awaken, and soon shall the Queen learn. Tis the tale of the angered peasants, and the Witch they chose to burn.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!