I Loved Him

I gazed at him to find his beautiful eyes staring right back. I got a small tornado of butterfly's form in my excited body. He was perfect. He was kind to me, he made me laugh so hard that I cried. He was everything that I could ever dream of. I smiled, trying not to look like an idiot. He replied with that cheeky smirk showing a little glow from his pearly white teeth.
Aiden was one of my best friends, but I was hoping for more. He was slowly approaching me with a smile stretching from ear to ear. Just as I started to smile back a huge group of people surrounded us. I was chocking on my words trying to ask what was happening but just a small cough came out. I can't explain how I was feeling. He started fiddling with his perfect hands. This made me even more nervous. Quickly and quietly the words flowed out of his mouth. He had said it so smoothly and all I managed to mumble out was "oh, sure.” Everyone cheered. It was then that I realised .... I was Aiden's girlfriend.
We did everything together. The more time we spent together the more I would fall in love with him. We would go to the fair together and he would win me the biggest and the best prize. We would go and watch movies and pick the scariest movie just so that I could cuddle in his arms. Then we would go home and build a pillow fort and we would just talk for hours. We were perfect. It was everything I could ever have dreamed of.
I was lying in bed about to close my tired eyes when a text message popped up on my iPad screen. It was a long message with so many words it would take ages to count. I began reading the text that ended it all. A tear rolled slowly down my face landing on the screen. It was over, he didn't want me like I wanted him. The tears flooded my eyes. He had been wonderful, the best I had ever had. I thought I would be his best as well, and even hopefully his last. I dropped the iPad and collapsed onto my soft bed and cried until my heart couldn't take it anymore.
I had been dreading this day. The day that I would just have to suck it up and pretend everything was alright. I wandered slowly into school just hoping that he wouldn't notice me. It was then that I saw him. His perfect face smiling, he was laughing with his friends acting perfectly fine. He didn't seem to miss me at all. His heart wasn't shattered like mine was. I miss his smiling face welcoming me into his arms every morning. I miss laughing with him every day. I miss him loving me and spoiling me. I loved him.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!