Off To War

Day 1
This is the last night on the boat. Tomorrow we get off and fight for our country. I’m scared, I can’t sleep.
Day 2
We are all are getting ready to get off the boat and fight the Germans. Something’s wrong. We can’t hear anything. I grab my rifles. The boat opens and fear clutches my throat. BANG! BANG! BANG! I see people fall dead in front of me. I see the cover behind a log and a sand bank. I run as fast as I can. I see Germans and I start to shoot. I kill some Germans. My brother is next to me. He shoots. I shoot. We take it in turns shooting at the Germans. My brother goes to shoot but he gets shot. I start to get tears in my eyes. But I get angry and start to fight harder. BANG! A grenade blows up a couple metres away from me. It is 7:00pm and it was getting dark so we sneak back to our base.
Day 3
We found tunnels and we walked through them. We killed a lot of Germans that day, not many of our people died.
Day 4
It was the hardest day yet. About 200 hundred of our people died and not many of their people died.
Day 5
Today it was a lot quieter. Not much fighting.
Day 6
We ambushed the Germans today. We killed a lot of Germans.
Day 7
We fought hard today. I had to go to hospital because. I got shot in the arm and it hurt.
Day 8
I didn’t fight today as I’m still in hospital. Hopefully I’ll be better tomorrow.
Day 9
I’m not sure if I’m going to make it. A grenade blow up right in front of me. I’m losing blood quickly. The doctor said he doesn’t think I will make it so I had better say my final goodbye.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!