Kind And Fair

Bang! Russel dropped his old metal knife and fork on the wooden table.
"How dare you even talk to me about giving my clothes to the kids in the village. They don't deserve it. They are poor!" he yelled.
In a land of myth and a time of magic, there lived a young prince. His name was Russel and he wasn't a very nice boy. He lived in a big brick castle with his father Manchu. The place they lived in was called Inglehood.
"You know there is a sword fight coming up in a few weeks Russel. There's a new boy, his name is Chung. He is a very nice kid and he will be fighting you," Manchu explained.
"I know father, I'm going to win, not the other boy and I am fighting to be king so I will win!" Manchu started to talk about giving away some of Russel’s clothes, but once again Russel said no.
Chung was in the village lifting weights and running a mile to train for the big event. The hardest part is to be handy with a sword.
(The big day finally arrived. Hopefully all that practise would pay off. Between you and me, I go for Chung.)
Russel was on one side of the arena and Chung was on the other. As soon as the flag hit the ground they ran to each other. They started hitting each other with their iron sword. Shing! The swords hit hard together. The crowd roared. Russel was on the ground, Chung had his sword on Russel’s chest but Chung was generous and kind, he just wanted to prove he can fight so he helped Russel up.
The crowd was silent for a minute. Then the referee grabbed both the boys’ hands and lifted up Chung’s hand. The crowd went wild with cheer, but then Chung looked at Russel, he wasn't so happy. The king announced that Chung would be the new king.
(So all that work paid off.) Chung got crowned king and he got Russel’s clothes anyway. Russel was stuck in the village cleaning up horse poo off the road and lived in a hut outside the castle gates. Chung had a new life and married a lovely lady named Mary and they had two kids.
I'm sorry that my son Russel said that, you villagers don't deserve any of his clothes," muttered Manchu. "It's fine I get it now don't I," said Chung.
"I must say you are a terrific fighter and you're very handy with a sword. You have a lovely wife, two very lovely children. You're a very, very lucky man," Manchu said.
That's why you should always be kind and fair to others, even if they look or act differently to you.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!