Darkest Night

Darkest night
Crimson red eyes stared straight though me, it sent shivers up my spine. The beast took a step forward out of the darkness of the shadow. I was frozen in fear is this it? Am I going to die?
My name is Teresa and this is my story. It was my last year of high school, then I was going to get shipped off to University. I didn’t want to go but my mum has done a lot for me so I owe her that much as least. My dad died in a fire four years ago because he went into a house to save a man but dad was brave, strong, he believed in me and hoped I became the girl I am today. I thank him for that every day.
So Jakkkie and I were going to a party to meet up with some friends. I left around 2:00am I think and I walked past Kate. Kate was a quiet girl.
I got home went to my room and laid on my bed a soon as I touched my soft, fluffy pillow I fall in a deep sleep. I dreamed about Kate running down the dark and empty street and shouting for help then something out of the darkness grabbed her. I woke up.
I got to school and I saw Kate’s sister and mother and the police, I walked up to jakkie and asked “Why are Kate’s mum and sister here?”
Jakkie looked at me with a surprised look. “Don’t you know?”
“Know what?”
“Kate was killed last night!”
“What! How?”
“They said she had two neck wounds they think she was stabbed.”
I couldn’t believe what I was hearing! After school I got home and I decided to investigate where they found her. It was about 10:00pm when I left the house. When I got there the area was of course, blocked off but I still went and looked around and found nothing. I heard a cracking noise like someone was watching me. I headed back to my house, and then I heard footsteps following me. I started to run but, in a flash it appeared in front of me with its crimson red eyes staring straight through me. As it took another step I snapped out of my daze, but it was too late. It had me in its cold arms. It felt like I was going to get frost bite. The cold burned into my skin then warmth, something warm was on my neck and I tried to feel what it was then in a reflection of a window I saw it biting my neck, I tried to free myself from its grasp but it was sucking the life out of me. My energy slowly being drained. Everything went black…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!