Georgia

Georgia is a small 9 year old girl who lives with her mother and father in New South Wales. Georgia was one who had visions. She saw great things, such as her parents winning the lottery; but she also saw dark things, like someone becoming ill.
One day Georgia went to stay with her Grandmother, as her parents were going out for their anniversary dinner.
That afternoon, Georgia and her grandmother went down to the seaside to comb the beach. This is a list of what they found:
• Lots of pretty shells
• Sea sponges
• One gorgeous pearl
When Georgia got back to her Grandmother’s house she made a beautiful necklace for her mother out of the shells she had found. In the centre of the necklace was the glistening pearl that looked even more beautiful in the light.
That night Georgia lay in her bed listening to the sounds of the world around her. She could hear the leaves outside, brushing against her window, and the sound of cars speeding down the street, but the one sound she adored the most, was the sound of her Grandmother’s cat, Ginger, purring.
The next morning, Georgia and her grandmother went down to the florist to get her parents an anniversary gift. Half an hour later her parents came by to pick her up.
When they got back to their million dollar house on the lake, Georgia gave her mother the pearl and shell necklace along with the flowers she had bought with her grandmother earlier that day.
The next day Georgia had a vision. It was about her mother dying. She saw her lying in bed in pain, and then saw the doctor coming out of the room with a sorry face. She got a cold chill down her spine and hoped this vision did not come true.
Over the next few weeks Georgia’s mother grew sick. Georgia begun to feel very lonely as she feared that her vision would come true. Every night she would lie on her bed crying for hours. She would eventually get up and go down stairs for dinner.
The doctor had been visiting twice a week now, checking up on the women’s health. One Friday afternoon the doctor came out of the room with a very serious look on his face. This is the day when Georgia and her Father found out her mother had only a limited time left to live.
A few days later Georgia’s mother left the family. Before she died she gave Georgia a special locket with a picture of her family in it. Georgia wears it every day and keeps it close to her heart.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!