Killer Sloth

“Hey, there’s one.” said John.
“Where?” said Frank.
“It was just there.”
“Watch out!!!”
“Aaaaaarrgggggghhhhh.”
Frank ran for the closest bush and hid behind it, he heard John’s bones crack like rice bubbles in that sloths mouth, heard the bushes shake and he ran to the Sloth Researchers lab. He called a code black. By the way, a code black is when a researcher gets hurt or eaten. All of the researchers were back, but one who was locked in with the sloth. Suddenly, a sloth threw the missing researcher’s broken red spine at the video surveillance camera. This sloth was livid! His dad was poached when he was a kid, and he wants revenge on the human race.
“Ok, people, I want everybody to go home.” said Frank
“Ok,” they all said.
“Frank, is that the sloth?” inquired one of the researchers.
“Everyone go home now!!” yelled Frank.
Just as Frank said that, the sloth jumped through the window and grabbed a person and threw him at two more people. At Frank’s car, he saw his friend Jack who he hasn’t seen for two years.
They exchanged greetings.
“I will pick you up in two hours. I have to do something first.” said Frank.
“Be careful.” replied Jack.
Later, at Jack’s house, Frank finds a note.
Dear John,
I have been taken by killer sloth to the warehouse on Victoria Street. If you are not there by 4:30pm, he is going to kill us all.
From Jack
Frank looked at his watch and raced to the warehouse. There, written in blood was “Come in if you dare”. Frank grabbed his knife and slowly walked in the cold dark warehouse, to see a 7 foot, 6 robotic armed killer sloth.
“I have been waiting for you,” said the killer sloth devilishly.
As Frank started to run at the killer sloth, the sloth swung too. Frank grabbed his arm and it just ripped off. The sloth swung Frank into the wall. On the other side, Frank saw Jack sitting down tied up. He rushed over and let him go. They were about to rip of the sloth’s last two arms, then the killer sloth grabbed Jack and said “you should have stayed at home.”
The killer sloth stabbed Jack in his neck with his 10 centimetre long nails and was thrown to the other side of the room. Frank was so angry; he ran like a train at the sloth and pulled his knife from his pocket. He cut off the sloth’s head in one slice. Frank ran over to Jack and as he drowned in his own blood, Frank said, “Jack, you were the best friend anyone could ask for.”
Frank went home to his wife and told her everything. He then went to Jack’s house to tell his wife the news about his death. That year, Frank went back to the Sloth Researcher lab, gathered everyone’s belongings, let the sloths loose into the wild and locked the door.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!