Let Her...

Let her run away into the Northern Lights and roar with the Fathers of the Amazon. Tell her to run away from the concrete air that infects our lungs and the asphalt brambles that suck us into a nature vacuum. If she dares to dream, tell her, “baby, you came out from a mothering vessel of life and don’t you dare hide behind the mirror.” When she grows up into a woman, respect her as she illuminates the spectrum of light in New York City across the Atlantic Ocean. When she cries because of the dangerous enlightenment of the brutality of human nature, tell her there is always a tomorrow for a yesterday. I warn, if you embark on the timeless journey of victimisation of the female soul, I swear the social powers of harmony will cripple you and just before you reach the crux of shame, the electric beauty of her eyes will mesmerise you. When the devil of time comes before her umber irises, cut her heart and splash rusted drops of blood that has loved and cried. Under her smile is a colossal succubus leeching on the fruits of hope. Look upon the violet horizon and be enlightened by her capacity of ambition and insatiable desire. Look upon the frosty winds of July and run into the billowing smoke – lighting up the cosmos with both of your souls. The living dead will hear your angelic voices intertwine and slashed into Aphrodite’s golden sparkles scattered across the Andromeda galaxy. Hold her hand and defy gravity. Defy the authorities. Become a vacuum of insecurities and let your tears wash away the blood of the world for if all the killings in human history were to be splashed across the city, all we would see is crimson. Hold Lady Macbeth’s candle and run out into the open azure blue. Walk past the myriad of kaleidoscopes and lead the way. In the twilights of the globe, make a calling to all of mankind to break away from the blood and gore and paint the world with the colours of the wind. Transform a speck of robust gold into a panorama of utmost beauty. Build your exterior with vanity and destroy the epitome of madness. Crescendo into a full revolution of the future and dare, dare, dare. Ignite some kind of spiritual pride but preserve her innocent fragility. Dream for a brighter world.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!