Rain

Today it rained, casting a sombre mood on life. I sit there, inside the cafe listening to the rain tap away on the roof. It casts strange shadows as it runs down the window. A shape moves through the rain,and enters my world soaked to the bone. They sit down at the table next to mine and call for a coffee. I offer them my coat and they accept, thanking me. I ask them why they were out there in the rain like that. They respond with a shrug and an embarrassed grin. I nod in understanding. We all have days like that. As their coffee arrives they discover that they left their money at home. I dig some coins out of my pocket and hand them to the barista. My sodden companion thanks me and I invite them to sit with me. Together we watch the rain fall. They begin to make apologies to leave but I tell them I'll go with them.After all, I have an umbrella. We get up, thank the barista, and escape into the world of rain. Together.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!