ZO ZO Island

Zo Zo Island

Here I am at school again and everyone is staring at me. Everyone thinks I’m the odd one out, it’s like I don’t fit in.

”Grab out your history books and turn to page 3,” the teacher said. Finally the school bell rang, it was time to go home. When I was walking home, I was reading the book called Max Cassidy ‘Escape from Shadow Island’, I was so busy reading while walking I bumped into a pole. BUMP!!! And I was knocked out.

When I woke up I was stranded, stuck on what seemed to be an island. All I had was some cheese, fuel, a jetpack, a toolbox and a water bottle.” Where did all this stuff come from?” I said to myself.”
I don’t even remember bringing this stuff with me to school. and how did I even get here?” I hopped up and walked up the beach of the island. I needed to find out how to get back but the only problem was, how?

I started to walk across the sandy beach and I came across a person. He too seemed to be knocked out!! His eyes were shut and he was wet and there was a large bump on his head.

I dragged him to a shady spot on the beach and I made a fire. Suddenly the boy opened his eyes and sat up. He asked me, ”who are you?” “I'm Michael.”I said. ”What's your name?” ”Im Sam, I think” he said, while rubbing his head. ”Well I've never seen you around here on the island.”
”Well actually I don't even know how I got here, ”I said. ”Oh! well welcome to Zo Zo island.

“How long have you been on this island for?” I asked. ”All my life. I'm eleven years old. ”Cool umm would you know if there is any mainland?” I asked. ”Yep there's mainland to the north east.” “That just might be my home and would we be able to get a boat there?”
He replied, “Naah wouldn't risk it if I were you it's too dangerous out in the open sea. ”Well do you want some cheese and water. ”Yes please!” He seemed hungry!

After we ate I said “I want to show you something, I've got a jetpack but a part has fallen 0ff and it needs fixing but I don't know how to do it.” ”Okay I could probably help you fix it in the morning.” Sam answered, I’m tired I need to sleep. “Okay thanks, goodnight.”

In the morning Sam and I got up early and had fixed the jetpack with my toolbox. I strapped myself up.” Goodbye.” said Sam waving, as I moved off into the sky. I looked back and I could see Sam waving his hand at me so I waved back.

After I left the island I was so happy because I could tell my parents about my crazy trip to Zo Zo island.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!