Pancakes

BANG! This is the sound that awoke Lucy. Immediately she thought that someone broke into her house, and she would be right. It was none other than her cherry blossom haired idiot of a friend that does it every night. Just because her bed is more comfortable than his hammock. Honestly, she really needs to make sure he buys a bed next time they’re out shopping.

Shaking out of her thoughts, she gets up quietly to assess the damage he has caused this time. Usually she just finds him sleeping beside her with a blue cat name Happy curled up at their toes. This was extremely unusual, even for them.

What she saw next though, was even more out of character. Natsu, was in her kitchen, not staring at her fridge or cupboard in the search for food, but actually cooking. While wearing her pink frilled apron?

Well, he wasn’t cooking exactly, but she could tell he was trying. Currently he was waving around a frying pan that was oN FIRE! Oh my god! How could she not notice that her frying pan was on fire? Rushing to her draws she grabs the lid and slams it over the fire. The fire subdues quickly before she just stares at her so called friend who is destroying her kitchen.

He flashes her his signature grin whilst rubbing the back of his head.

“Sorry Luce, thought I had it under control.” He attempts to play of coolly.

Assessing the area that she use to call her kitchen, she could only guess he was trying to make pancakes. Pinching the bridge of her nose whilst shaking her head in annoyance, she is finally able to speak.

“Natsu,” she starts calmly, trying to keep it together, “Why in Mavis’s name are you trying to burn my house down?” she inwardly sighs as she hasn't yet lost her temper.

“Honest Luce, I was trying to make you breakfast as a thank you, for letting us sleep here and eat all your food” he explains with his stupidly contagious grin plastered all over his face.

“Well thank you for the thought, but I think that we should just have some cereal, since those pancakes will definitely not be edible.” Her face relaxes as she laughs a little to lighten the mood.

So pleased with herself for not losing it, she throws a smile towards Natsu. He could be a pain sometimes, but he always means well. Moving over to the fridge to grab some milk her face drops and whitens at the sight. Natsu notices the stiffening of her body as she turns towards him.

“YOU DESTROYED MY KITCHEN AND ATE ALL MY FOOD! THAT’S IT! GET OUT!” Lucy lost it.

There was no turning back now as she shoved her friends out the window in which they came. Inwardly she curses herself for not getting them to clean her kitchen before leaving. She definitely needs to work on her prioritisation skills.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!