Virus

“Muahahahaha! My chemical plan has worked this virus is so deadly I could take over the world for all eternity, no one can stop me now I’m INDISTRUCTABLE!”

James is a boy who loves solving mysteries with his mum and dad who fight crime as police officers. James is 12 years old and lives in Sydney, Australia next door to his best friend Adelaide who is also 12 and is very smart.
“Hey James,” Addie shouts loudly “look at this”
“Wow,” James whispers
“Thanks Carl Stephanovic here I am Jane Asaparty reporting live from the Evil Institution where Mr. Rankwich has made a deadly virus”
“Hello everyone,” Mr. Rankwich screams “I am astonished to see everyone come to witness the first person get infected…OH by the way it’s contagious Muahahaha!
“Thanks Jane for that information”
“Turn it off,” James asks impolitely “I can’t take it, I’m not going to watch all these people die, I am going to help,” he says dramatically.
Not without me you aren’t,” Addie says
So they pack all their things, fly to Germany where they meet a girl called Sophie who is 13 and lives in Spain. She thinks that Mr. Rankwich should be stopped too.
“Hi, nice to meet you I’m Sophie but I just found out we have a big problem in our hands! Mr. Rankwich has built these things his call doomsday devices and pet monsters that spread the virus,” she whispers
ARE YOU SERIOUS!” James and Addie say simultaneously
“Yep,” Sophie says “But don’t worry I know where his Evil Institution is but I can’t figure out the access code to get in and how to hack into the high tech security,” Sophie says sadly
“Don’t worry leave it to me,” Addie says proudly
When they finally get to the Evil Institution, Addie unlocks the first door with ease but the door to Mr. Rankwich’s lair has a hard code that is only found on the Declaration of Independence but she has an idea as she breaks through the firewall and… Access granted
“YES,” Addie says Out of nowhere this happens
“I know the cure, my Dad told me before he got infected,” James says unexpectedly
“Why didn’t you tell us,” Addie and Sophie Say
“Well my Dad said to not tell anyone because I’m actually Mr. Rankwich’s son.”
Giving them no time to speak he ends the virus.
“I have been expecting BOOM! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

As the kids fly back home they’re greeted with thanks from millions of people for saving the world and go back living the same lives they always have and Mr. Rankwich well he has a life sentence in jail.



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!