A Forgotten Memory

Alone a town stands, yet by a thread.
Where swallows don’t fly and shadows don’t dare creep.
Its buildings of stone, cracks numerate the walls.
Its wounded past unveiled, its secrets it kept sheathed for so long.
Its chugali unknown, their hearts downturned.
At distal view they’re an open wound, infection long left but tears still streak their faces.
The screams echo reverberating off the concrete walls and moss strewn floor.
Yet they never ushered a word but secrets fly faster than the wind.
They knew the truth would wake but they knew too much and a traitor disposed of them.
Their betrayal shattered their vulnerability and pity is their only savior.
Emotional scars pierce through their stare, memories never die for them.
Knives stick out of their back, pride long died but uncannily it also keeps them alive and grounded.
Time didn’t heal them and their hearts never forgave them.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!