Dangerous Mango Tree

“Tom. Tom. Where’s Tom?” Spoke Miss Shearman with a searching tone. “He was picking mangoes earlier, but I haven’t seen him since,” I informed Miss Shearman. “Caige, take Bob with you and kick-start a search party for the missing munchkin,” ordered Miss Shearman.

Bob and I opened the creaking door in the dangerous garden. My heart was pounding across my chest as I took a couple of steps into the garden. “Tom?” I whispered hastily. Why was Bob staring at the tree? He looked hypnotised. I blinked, a tree popped with an eye popped up banging its gigantic arms. My feet were glued to the ground.

I heard mumbles. “Tom!” I shouted. I bolted and pushed Bob out of the trees reaching with all my might. Bob nearly choked when he saw the gigantic vicious mango tree. Tree sap was dripping from the side of the dangerous mouth of the mango tree. Bob’s body was covered in goose bumps, his hair was sticking up and he was trembling with fear.

Bob bolted around the sappy tree. The tree tried to grab him with its striking vines. Now’s my chance to leap into its mouth. Splash! Tree sap was all over me. “Caige!” Shouted Tom excitedly. I grabbed my deadly light-saver and swung with all my might to stab the trees heart deeply.

Exploding on impact, tree sap sprayed through the entire garden. To and I shoot up from the tree like a rocket lifting off. Smashing through the roof, we crash landed, skidding across desks before smashing into Miss Shearman. Tickling tree sap slipped from our flesh. “What on earth happened?” Croaked Miss Shearman.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!