Never Give Up

"Yes!" I high fived my team mates. This was the best sport in the world, I just love playing soccer it had been my dream to play in a soccer team since I was 5 years old. Hi my name is James my passion had been to play soccer and this had been my first time that I had ever been in a soccer team I live with a family of 4 and in Springfield, Queensland. My first ever inspiration had been Cristiano Ronaldo shot his first goal.
Today had been our first ever game and I mean a real one not just some friendly match. My heart had been racing in joy as I got onto the field being so confident that were going to win this game. I wasn’t able to believe that I was playing a match against another team the game had started as soon as we got into our positions we had been playing quite well for the first 15 minutes but after the 15 minutes that’s were things started to get here and there.
The players on our team started to get lazier and lazier some of them were as slow as turtles and the goalkeeper looks like he had been drawn of into dreamland I thought if were losing this game then were just basically wasting our time. There was also another thing which was unfair we played this match without training and without training how would we be able to perform properly.
As the sun started to go the down the game was about to end and they were beating us by one goal so I had to try my hardest and score 2 goals to win the game but didn’t let them come to our half. I had made 2 dead shots in the last 8 minutes because that’s when they started to become sluggish and lazy. This match had also been a test to see what players stay in this team and what have to move down.
As we went off we had been jumping in joy and been as happy as I never felt it felt like I achieved something really big. On my way towards home my parents had stopped by to give me some McDonalds to give me a treat on my winning of my first soccer match my brother had taped the full match on how I played and was really happy. This had been the best day ever.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!