Left Alone

Today was the day of my family’s funeral and I was absolutely terrified. I didn’t want to see my mother or father buried and I most certainly did not want to see my little sister buried she was far too young, far too amazing a person to die. But reality has taken its course and I now realise that I will never see my family ever again, which means I was never going to see my mother’s beautiful face, never going to laugh at one of dad’s terrible jokes and never listen to Grace’s cute little laugh that I loved ever again and it broke my heart. As I was thinking about these things, a flashback came to me of what had happened just two weeks ago.
*Flashback-Two Weeks Ago*
It was just an ordinary Friday night mum, dad, Grace and I were sitting on the couch in the living room watching movies and eating pizza. When the doorbell rang, “Alexandra will you please answer the door?” my mother asked just after the doorbell rang. I gave my mum a quick nod before getting up and answering the door but what I didn’t expect was what was behind it! I was just about to ask who the people behind the door were but before I could say anything, one of the men grabbed my arm and put his dirty hand around my mouth. I was struggling against his grip and tried to scream but stopped immediately as I felt the cold metal pressed against my head. I was scared out of my mind by now but didn’t want to do anything, afraid that the man would pull the trigger of his gun. When he started to walk, I just stood there but when I felt the gun pressed tighter against my head, I started walking. Then I heard a gunshot go off, along with that I heard cries and screams from my mother and sister but dad was not heard. I closed my eyes to get the tears away because the thought of him dead killed me but when we walked in another shot was heard, then another and I saw my whole family lying dead on the ground, blood everywhere. I started crying, ‘This can’t be happening,’ I thought to myself, but when sirens were heard, I was dropped and the men ran out of the house.
Now I was sitting in my living room staring at my family’s dead bodies, blood everywhere and tears running down my face. ‘How can this happen? What have my family or I ever done to deserve this?’ I thought. I have my family’s blood smothered on my clothes from trying to get them back, telling them to come back to me, yelling at them not to leave me. But deep down I knew that they were gone and that they were never going to come back.
*End of Flashback *
Well I guess it’s time to go watch the Funeral!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!