The Nightmare

One night Aidan had a nightmare which will change his life forever…
Aidan was in a dark room where he saw nothing and shortly after BOOM! A gunshot had woke him up. He hit his head on his brother’s bed and went downstairs to have breakfast then left for school.
” Hey Amy.” Amy was one of Aidan friends. “What’s up?” replied Amy in a very cheerful voice and when he heard it, his face went blank. He knew the girl’s voice in his nightmare… it was Amy’s. “Uh…hello,” Amy said with confusion. “Earth to Aidan, do you hear me, Earth to Aidan.”
“Huh… Oh sorry Amy I was uh… thinking. By the way, that’s a good astronaut expression.
“Uh…Thanks,” Amy replied blushing.
As they were walking to school, they meet their friend Jack. “Hi guys!” Jack yelled. “Hi Jack” Aidan and Amy said to Jack simultaneously.
As they were approaching school, they saw something interesting on the road. “What is it?” asked Jack. “I Don’t Know?” replied Aidan.” “I do,” Said Amy.
“Huh?”
“It’s a part of a necklace; my mum has one that looks like it.”
What they don’t know though is, that this is a mystical item that they shouldn’t touch; but kids investigate everything and sometimes don’t know what they’re getting themselves into.
Aidan went to pick it up and when he touched it, all civilization disappeared: everything and everyone was gone. All of the buildings had lit up in flames. ‘Where did everybody go?’ Aidan was thinking to himself. “JACK! AMY! ANYBODY!” Aidan was screaming from the top of his lungs; no one was replying. Aidan decided to head home to see what was left.
When he got there he opened the door only to see a black figure standing. “Hello” Aidan said as if he was going to die in the next second. The figure replied in a dark mean voice “Hello Aidan. I’m going to ruin your life like you ruined mine,” and with that, Aidan was gone. Running for his life, but he knew he would be caught out eventually.
Aidan-who wasn’t very fast- was caught and knocked out. When he woke up, he was in a dark room where he saw nothing. He heard the dark figure’s voice saying, “You should be ashamed of yourself Aidan, you should’ve not touched that necklace. Have you seen what it has done? As you have ruined my life I will ruin yours, I will cast a spell which will let me kill you over and over again!” Aidan replied with a scream.
The dark figure got his gun ready and BOOM! Aidan woke up and was pleased that didn’t really happen, or did it…?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!