Japanese Attack

Our family is on a 2km bush walk when we hear a loud and low humming noise coming from the sky and the coast. We think it is a plane or that we are close to a bee hive, but we are wrong, the Japanese are attacking.
We run for cover as they start to drop bombs on the town that we live in. “We’re lucky the RAAF Base is close by to protect us.” I think. Bang! One plane drops a bomb behind us blocking our way back, another plane crashes down and then we notice it’s the new Japanese Zero that they warned us about . We hear more aircraft fall from the sky. More bombs explode. Then, pain in my leg. I collapse. My family runs away with me. We don’t know what is out there, and if it is coming to get us. Bombs fall. Planes crash. People run. We hurry away from the town we live in, and I think we’ll stay away.
We walk towards the sea. Surprisingly there are no distant aircraft carriers nearby. Something dark suddenly rises from the depths of the ocean and we run into the bush with nowhere else to go. A few minutes later we hear more planes take off, but not Zeros. This time we see three Japanese float planes coming from nowhere, heading for Garden Island. We go back to the sea, the submarine is gone.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!