Fear

Fear
A sharp stinging pain develops on her ankle, slowly making its way up her leg. Blurry vision from freshly awoken eyes takes over her view. A gut sinking feeling fills her emotional bar. It’s too soon for thoughts to be running through her mind. The sharp pain rises up her calf making her let out a scream. Her frightened voice echoes through the large room, making no mistake of pain. Tears fill her eyes as the agony becomes worse as if someone is pouring straight alcohol onto an open wound that shows bone. Her senses try to become aware of what’s happening around her pleading soul. Firm hands grasp her body, trailing their fingers from her toes to her chest. Her body shakes in terror, putting pressure on her limbs that tie her down. She pulls her body in, feeling no restriction by clothes but only by shackles around her ankles. She feels the skin on her wrists start to tear by the bands. A high pitched squeal for life is let out uncontrollably but trapped by someone shoving something in her mouth. The hands push firmly against her face as tears roll down her cheeks making her vision blurred and not easy to make sense of her situation. The material is tightly tied around her head instantly making it hurt. Loud noises are made by her side. The pain on her leg is almost gone but in time for new pain to start. A loud bang is made and her hand immediately started throbbing. Another bang and another before she felt every tiny bone in her hand crack into two. The stale air runs through her open bleeding hand, shattered bone lies visibly poking through skin. It is almost impossible to let out a scream with her body not able to move. A muffled scream is let out. Her shocked body finds it impossible to open her eyes. A blade is felt trailing up her stomach, lightly slicing her skin. Blood oozes out of her cut like warm water pours over your body in the shower.
Her mind takes over with memories. Her hand feels the warmth of another; no one else but her lover, it was at a family dinner, her husband nursing their baby girl stares straight into her eyes. She sees his smooth skin and blushed cheeks as he mouths “I love you.” Her body jolts up, making a loud thump as her body gets pulled back to the table. A knife was stabbed into her gut and twisted from side to side. If her pain wasn’t bad enough it was accompanied by no more vision or hearing. With most of her senses gone, it is more than obvious when the blade is put to her neck. She had no more hope of survival, this was the end of her life, of her family. “Goodnight.” A dark voice speaks next to her ear and the blade runs across her throat.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!