Jeffery And The Stone Poem

On the last Monday morning of the year, Jeffery put on his school bag, hopped on his wheelie chair and went to school. When he arrived at school, he went past the prep classes and the year 1 classes and walked into one of the year 2 classes. He saw all of his friends and his to new teachers, Mrs Blue and Mrs R.
Ding, ding, ding, ding, “That’s the bell” Mrs R said. Jeffery quickly shoved his bag into his locker and dragged his chair to his spot and sat down as quick as a flash.
“Alright class, put all your things in your tubs and then we will do silent reading” Mrs Blue said. Jeffery carefully took all his pencil cases and his books out, put them in tub and then turned it upside down and read.
The next day when Jeffery was reading allowed in a group with Mrs Blue. The book was about witches; he was reading a page was if you said it everyone will turn into stone.
“But of course that was not true” said Jeffery to himself. So he read it “A zip and a zap and a hop and a jump and clone alone and I will turn you all into stone” said Jeffery. After he read the poem he was waiting for the next person to read but no one said anything. He waited for the teacher to say “It’s your turn to read where on page 12”. He could not even hear Mrs R saying anything or her pen clicking and then ticking work. He looked up there was a crack and a shiver and all he could hear was the clock.
Then he saw everyone was stone he touched his friend but that didn’t help he looked at the bottom of the page to see if there was a poem to undo it but all it said was if you’re looking for a undo poem it is somewhere in the book but you have to read the book to find it and if you skim throw the pages and find it and then say it, it will not work.
Jeffery started to read the book but he kept on looking at the clock to make sure he would be home on time so his mother would not get cross. Finally he found it but it said you are lucky that you found this page but it says the undo poem in the staff room. There is a glass box and a hammer you must smash it with the hammer. Jeffery went to the staff room and did what it said and read the rest and did that to, and inside it there will be the tiniest piece of paper that you have ever seen and a magnifying glass. Read it with the magnifying glass and everyone turn back to normal, everyone did and whenever there was something in a book which was a spell he would never read it.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!