Camping

It was a nice hot day the sun was shining bright. It was very hot outside. I walked out of my tent and the weather was beautiful! It was the first time my family and I went camping.

My mum is skinny and tall, she has bright red hair that she loves brushing every morning. My dad is tall and he has black hair and glasses that he wears all the time. He loves plants and animals this is his work looking after plants and animals. My older brother is thirteen he has red hair and a lot freckles same as me. I am ten years old I have straight red hair that is cut to my shoulders and a lot of freckles.

We were camping at such a beautiful place, there were huge trees that were bright green and a lot of bamboo, it smelled awesome. It was 10:00am I went into my brother’s and my tent and shook him so he would wake up. He turned around and looked at me, “Good morning!” I said with a nice loud voice.
“What’s the time,” he asked me.
“Ten am,” I answered.
He stood up and went to brush his teeth.

We decided to go around and have a look at the camping grounds. My brother John wasn’t happy with my idea because he wanted to wait until our parents woke up. I started walking with my brother. I walked into the forest John followed me. After we walked for about five minutes I saw a beautiful cliff and ran towards the edge.
My brother screamed at me, “Stop! you might fall off!”
“Don’t worry,” I replied, “Come here, it’s such an amazing view from here!”
My brother came towards me, he stood beside me on the top of the cliff.
“Yeah,” he said, “The view is absolutely beautiful!” He leaned forward for a better view and slipped over, He spun around and reached his hand out I grabbed his hand. He was leaning off the cliff.
“Pull me!” He screamed. I was scared. I pulled him as hard as i can and he climbed back. We came back to the camping tent. Our parents were awake and we didn’t tell them anything about what happened to me and my brother. Since then we never went back to the cliff.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!