Where Am I?

Excellence Award in the 'Beyond Words 2015' competition

Out of the darkness, a dash of a paw pounced towards me with an enormous “ROAR!” Covered in scratches and drips of blood with pain, I turned my head to the side seeing the fierce lion run at me. I looked up to the sky, saying my last words, “Goodbye world, I will miss my family and friends with all the natures and beauty of the earth”. The lion ripped my throat out, veins of pain bleeding till my heart stopped beating.
My eyes opened again, I was alive, and I moved with no pain at all.
“BANG”
A fright of a gun shot past me, I looked into the lake, my face had dots and horns poking out the side of my head, like an evil horse.
I heard people shouting to each other, “Where did that deer go? I almost got it!”
I was scared, ‘I was a deer out of nowhere’. I had no idea what to do. Running as fast as I could, a man jumped out with a gun, and “BANG!” I was dead again.
My heart was beating fast, and my head was covered in sweat, as I sat and turned my head to both sides, I was in a familiar place.
Suddenly it was all dark again, I heard paws running towards me, it was how I started, this time it was going to be different, I was going to change my life into a transformed hero to save myself. I looked around to see where I could escape, I found a tree to climb, but in fear and horror I changed my mind and I ran away as fast as I could before the grounds of the earth started cracking. I ran into the forest, and “BANG” the same sound of the gun, as the bullet shot past my head.
I escaped the bullet just in time. I slowly walked into the cave in front of me. A bright light was shining at the end of the cave; it must be the exit I thought to myself, as I walked through the light. A land of beauty though a meadow springing at me, a door was there to be opened. As I reached the door and opened it a voice came over me, “wake up, wake up you’re going to be late for school,”
‘Where am I?’

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!