Camp Amber

"Honey I`m really going to miss you, I can`t believe it, two weeks without my darling Jessica.” sobbed my mum. I felt pure grief but I knew going to this camp was going to be an experience to remember.
“The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round” everybody was singing except me. I was dreading this trip, I hated bus rides I felt sick, I put my hands over my mouth protecting the gross substance that may come out any minute or any second now. I shuffled around my bag looking for some sort of plastic or paper bag to be sick in. “Rebecca do you have any bags in your travel case?” I asked with puppy eyes. “affirmative” she answered, Rebecca was sometimes strange, but she was still my friend.
Arriving was just as bad, I tripped on the step, I was a laughing stock I couldn`t wait to get in my cabin and unpack. Guess what, I was with Rebecca, It was a glimmer of hope.
“Time to roast marshmallows” yelled Madam Tess our camp instructor. I ran as fast as I could I did not want to miss out on a marshmallow. They are my favourite I was first to sit down and get a marshmallow I sat next to Rebecca and Madam Tess as Rebecca was my only friend at Camp Amber.
“Let’s tell spooky stories” said a tall girl with long dark hair. I was so excited about this idea Michelle went first. “Somewhere deep in a forest"……she said spookily. I didn`t really listen because it was pretty boring, now it was my turn. “BOO” I screamed! “Ahhh” screamed one girl “I want my mummy!” cried another. I was great at telling scary stories, but this was the scariest yet even I was scared, but this was too funny to let go!
I decided to pull a prank this was going to be the funniest thing ever. I dressed up as zombie vampire I crept into my cabin told Rebecca my plan. “Ugh” She replied anxiously. “It`ll be so funny” I said “You better not” she said as worried as before. But I ignored her warning and went ahead with my prank “Ahhh get out now, we are all going to die!” screamed a girl with short blonde hair, one girl was crying another was under a table. This was the funniest prank I had ever pulled, and I pull a lot of pranks. “Excuse me, Jessica, what do you think you’re doing?” stormed a voice from behind. It was Madam Tess. “You must immediately pack your bags and go straight home, on the next bus!”
The trip was definitely an experience to remember!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!