The Flash That Stopped The Bullet

It was the 22nd of November, 1963 and it was John F. Kennedy’s campaign for Presidency.
The slight pitter pattering of the rain could hardly be heard of the cheering crowd gathered to see John F. Kennedy’s last stand. He was coming down the road inside his 1961 Lincoln Continental convertible; there was a regal man, his hair sleeked back and a beautiful wife on his ar. They waved proudly at the crowds, whose cheers had grown louder as the couple drew closer. They smiled brighter, overjoyed that these people had come to support them and their campaign for presidency.
That’s when it turned to chaos.
As the couple turned the corner, a flash of white spread throughout the street and blinding the on lookers into silence. Through this light the sound of the gunshot was heard and the skidding of a car. As the bright light faded, gasps and screams of shock and horror were heard.
A bleeding man lay in centre of the road, a hole through is chest and his eyes blank, turned towards the sky, terror still clear upon his face. In front of the dead man, was a creature that, while resembling a human, was anything that wasn’t. It was a mix of a shadow of the night and the light of the day while still holding the features of a creature that could only be seen in the myths of ancient civilisations. His arm was extended and held up across the hood of the car, his hand curled into a fist. The couple in the car were frozen in sheer terror as to what was to come, flinching suddenly as he his fist uncurled and from his hand dropped the shrapnel of what was once a bullet. The sound of it hitting the car was heard in the silence of the street.
The creature turned away from the couple, who held onto each other as though there was nothing else, and came to a stop at the body of the dead man. It slowly seemed to kneel and took the shoulder of the dead man before disappearing into another blinding flash. The crowd stayed frozen until a few moments later when the people took a breath. The man took his wife’s hand in his and stood before the crowd who were soon going into shock. The words he then spoke showed the crowd that he too, did not understand and that it was a sign that, while it would be rough, his time as President would not be wasted.
This is what proved to the citizens of Dallas that he would become one of the greatest Presidents throughout history and that they should indeed support him in his rise to become President.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!