I Never Liked Her!

Whichever school I move to, there is always someone who I dislike. But I had different intensions when I moved from France to America. America is also known as the Western Hemisphere and the New World, comprise the totality of territories in North America and South America. To fit in you have to have brown hair, pale skin, and have a passion for cooking. But I have neither of these qualities. Instead I have tan skin, blonde hair and unlike other girls I don’t have a passion for cooking, I love sport, which answers the question for why I’m tan.
Anyway…my name is Alina. I have an older, frère named Edward, who I adore. I live with my mère, who I tell everything. When I entered the school, everyone staring at me, until this young la fille approached me.
‘You are the new kid aren’t you?’ she asked me.
I nodded. She invited me to sit with her and her friends. She asked me a bunch of questions. ‘where are you from?’ she asked
‘France.’
‘Really……………..’ she exclaimed. But I wasn’t listening to her. This other la fille was giving me a dirty look. Our eyes locked until the girl who was still asking me questions shook me.
‘Who’s that?’ I ask
‘Oh…..that’s…uh…….Emily,’ she hesitated. ‘The queen of evil, we were friends for, like, a week but things didn’t work out as well. If she tries to become friends with you, just….just says no.’
Why, is she that bad? I thought. Surly no-one can be that bad?
During my English class, this so-called Emily approached me.
‘Heard you were the new enfant,’ she said. ‘What did that mauvaise fille say?’
She is French! I thought. I said, ‘nothing’
She turned around and said, ‘by the way, I know that you are French.’ And I didn’t tell anyone.
In the next few days, Emily tried to trip me over, push me and emotionally hurt me because I won’t tell her what Clarisse said.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!