You Found Me

"Mia! Come down here! It's your birthday! Your seeking charm will be activated today!!! You can finally find your soulmate!!!!" I hear my mother call, waking me from my lovely sleep.
Yup you heard her, it's my 16th birthday and my 'seeking charm' will be activated today to help me find my soulmate. The person that has been calculated to be my 'perfect match'. You see I basically live in a world like divergent, yes we still have those types of movies. They are basically our life though, divergent was banned years ago because it inspired us to rebel against the leaders. The group of people that run our country. Instead of having fractions though, we have our packs. Much like wolves and those werewolf stories you read on wattpad. Our whole life is basically based on that of a wolf, we have a leader of each pack but instead of staying with their pack they live in the main city with the other leaders of the other packs. Our world is controlled by electronics, that is our only difference from them treating us like animals. We have electric everything, doors, lights, tables... Just image that tv show continuum from 2012 I think it was? I'm not sure mum had it before that too was banned but anyway the world is basically like that now. With an added 'bonus' they call it, you see wolves have a 'mate' which is their soulmate that they stay with forever, the leaders decided they would 'help us' found our soulmates by giving us a charm bracelet at birth that'll draw you too your perfect compatible match. It's never wrong, I hate it though. You are pretty much being told who you are meant to love and spend the rest of your life with! It's not even your choice because if you reject your match you aren't allowed another because everyone has been paired. I don't want to find mine yet, I want to live my dreams. I've always wanted to be like the old movies where you can just fall in love with whoever you choose.
"Mia you'll be late for school!"
"Coming mother!" I yell back and get dressed in some black jeans and a white blouse. I throw my messy brown hair up in a pony tail and put some eye-liner around my blue eyes, then head down stairs. I grab my keys and keep walking to the door yelling my goodbyes to mum.

I don't go to school, something just tells me to just drive. When I turn a corner, a light on my wrist captures my attention. It's my charm, it's active!!
I look back at the road and notice I'm at a park, I go and sit on a bench and just stare at the view. I hear someone behind me, I turn to see the hottest guy I've ever laid eyes on, my wrist burns and I know he's my match.
I smile "you found me."

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!