A Child's Nightmare

As my eyes slowly opened, I woke up, my head feeling like it was just kicked by a horse. I slowly got up and looked around. I saw some strange paintings that had a head, but no mouth or eyes. My eyes also noticed that all the paintings weren’t bright or colourful, just dull.
The floor creaked as I walked towards the door. Once I was outside the room, I noticed I was in a house for there was old dusty furniture. I thought to myself that no one has been home for ages because the furniture was so dirty, but my thoughts changed when I heard laughter.
Half scared, but curious, l decided to look around to see where the noise was coming from. After a while I had noticed that I had been walking around in circles, so I stopped and headed back to where I started. As I walked back I saw a piece of paper on the wall, which I must have missed when I looked around. I moved towards it and I saw names on the paper, I moved closer and as I did a shot of fright came up my body for these were the names of children from school that went missing and didn’t return.
I ran my finger down the crossed out names until I stopped, for one name was not crossed out and that was my name, my whole name, Emily Arrow!
I froze, my body like ice, my heart beating fast, I heard laughter. I was sure I looked around the house and no one was there. Was I dreaming? The laughter came closer. I started to walk away quietly, trying to remember were the exit was, but I couldn’t. The laughter got louder and as quietly as I could, I ran. I moved around the house trying to find the exit. Whenever the laughter came near I hid, but every time I did I saw no one walk past, not even a shadow.
After a while when I was sure I had walked around twice, searching and looking, I decided that there was no exit. I crouched down in a corner and sobbed, my life was over.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!