Hanging Rock

“HELP ME, PLEASE” I yell. I am stuck half way up the cliff, should I go up or should I go down?
My name is Mac and I would like to tell you a story. It was a July 19, 2018. A beautiful winter morning. Me and my friend’s Jackie, Mazin and Wil decided to go cliff camping at a place called hanging rock. It was a two hour drive to get there and I was already tired when we got there.
We finally got there and got out of the car and walked straight over to the cliff edge, a shiver ran down my spine as I looked down. “It sure is big, it’s it?” said Wil. So all four of us put on our harnesses and started jumping down the cliff face.
As we jumped down, rocks started falling beneath our feet. All my friends got a good grip on the cliff. Then suddenly rocks started falling in my face and I had to let go. I fell down really fast, “AAAAAAHHHHHHH”, I yelled. But suddenly I stopped, it was the end of the ropes line. I looked up and a bit of the rope was stuck on a place of rock that was sticking out. ‘Oh no’ I said to myself. AAAAAAHHHHHH! As I fell again I grabbed on to some rocks. Any moment I was going to fall and lose my grip.
“HELP ME, PLEASE” I yelled. I was stuck half way up the cliff. As my friends tried to help me, one of them called a rescue team to come and help me get off the mountain. Just then I started to lose my grip. It was so cold my hands had gone numb!
“GET THEM HERE QUICK AS THEY CAN. I’M ABOUT TO FALL!” I yelled.
My friends were holding on to me with the rope but I was still about to let go. Mazin grabbed my arm just in time. Just then we heard the sound of the helicopter.
“WON’T BE LONG NOW.” Yelled Jackie. The helicopter came around the corner and started to hover above us. Then the winch started coming down towards me.
“WE CAN’T GET ANY CLOSER TO THE CLIFF!” Yelled the pilot
“GO UP AND YOU CAN GET CLOSER!” Yelled Wil.
“ROGER THAT”
Just then someone started coming down. The guy that was coming had a stretcher beside him. Then I got onto the stretcher and the helicopter took me off to the hospital.
24 hours later
I am now recovering in hospital with bruises and cuts all over my body. I have a broken leg and I’m probably going to be in hospital for 2 months. I don’t think I am going to go cliff camping again for a very long time.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!