You Are What I Fear

I did not know fear until I had met you.
Before I met you, I only knew security.
The security of being in the safe hold of an ideal world
A world that wasn't so scary, as long as the lights were on.
A world where scary things were just stories,And stories could never hurt us.
You were the proof that that was wrong.
I was told as a child that monsters were under my bed, in my wardrobe and in the closet under the stairs.
I know now I was told this so I would fear these make believe monsters and not the ones roaming around outside Masquerading as normal people
Monsters, hiding under the masks that they paint on everyday with the hurt and sorrow of their latest Victim to lure in their next.
You hid yourself well.
Your mask was beautiful and cold.
Your smile of cold steel bars kept me trapped in the idea that you had the capability to feel anything.
Your eyes of a raging sea dragged me down and took my breath for yourself and I watched as it slipped through my fingers.
Your Voice of pure silver slashed through me everytime you spoke and you would leave me to patch myself up.
Your touch was like a flame and I was the moth who got too close before I realized
You are what I fear.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!