We Are Human

Once I was alone. I was lost. I needed a saviour. I felt unholy and forever locked in a coffin of sins and loneliness. I was nobody's hero. I was alone in the dark, frozen in time. But love isn't always fair. It took everything I had to be with the person I cherished. but even then, i had nothing to work for. I thought I had lost it all. Left on my own. My days were numbered. I was made to walk this earth and damned to listen to the devils choir sing its unending but soothing voice. But then I heard the battle cry of angels. I realised that I was not alone. I heard a victory call. A tune that only I could have heard. The fallen angels sang a rebellious love song, a chant in which I was entranced. New Years came along. And I promised myself I would never fall for false love again. The years of sorrow are over, a ray of hope had broken through. With my heart now whole again, I can finally continue with my life and enjoy what I have. I shall forgive and forget the hate. I will be proud of who I am and what I have overcome. I don't care if I am an outcast. But at least I can be happy with myself. I will stitch the wounds of my battle scars. I shall leave my mark on this world whether it's on my terms or if it has been chosen for me. My past will fade away as I start with a new beginning and I will conquer everything in my path. I am the perfect weapon, the broken but fixed. Before I realised my actions, I would have died for you. But love can be mis-directed. Because in the end...
I am human

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!