Ebony

She swayed her ebony coloured hair behind her head, "this was it" Ebony said. Her first proper job as an assassin but she was calm, the target was a little girl who has claimed she has the jewel of iris, which was a blue gem that supposedly could see the future. Ebony tied her hair into a ponytail and stepped forward into the darkness, she never wanted to be an assassin when she was a kid but when her mother and father were framed and executed; she had to have her revenge. When she heard that a famous assassin by the name of Victor Sared was taking recruits she jumped for it, She saw the little girl enter into an alleyway, she saw her perfect chance to finish the kill. She blended in until the alleyway where she saw the girl about to be attacked by a group of thieves obviously going after the iris jewel; she pulled the throwing knives from her leather pouch and slid them into her fingers and start to dart them into the thieves, although they would of hear of the thieves death and increase the lookout in case of vigilantes but she didn’t care, the blood was dripping into a drain, She picked a blue glass tube from her pouch and chucked it onto the wall, Ebony grabbed the girl and placed her onto the blue liquid on the wall and removed her hands, the blue liquid began to harden around the girl stopping her from moving. “Where is it?” Ebony said, the crackling of the wall over powered her voice but she didn’t notice, “WHERE IS IT?” this time she would have to hear but the girl didn’t answer, suddenly the girl smiled and disappeared into thin air but leaving behind one item attached at the back of the hardened cast of the wall was a blue orb smaller then a pearl, she reached in and grabbed the orb then the world began to glow blue, blinding her, she closed her eyes then she dropped.
A thief was hiding in the hidden door in the wall that only Ebony knew of, the thief placed a small ball in the corner of the doorway then he chucked a bottle towards the far window then bolted out the door but as he ran past Ebony saw his face, Victor Sared. The world glowed bright blue and she appeared where she was before staring at the blue cast surrounding the wall, she poked the cast then ran toward the other corridors being careful not to be seen, then a massive explosion destroyed everything in a five metre radius and sent a powerful blade of wind outwards and into her back forcing her off her feet. Ebony got back up and looked around, she saw a figure from out the corner of her eyes and recognised it instantly, it was Victor, she slipped her ebony blade out and chucked it into his heart. Ebony had her justice

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!