He Knew WHAT!!!

We turn down beach road, pull into a park and hop out.
“OK so where do we want to go?” Mum says to Josh and myself.
“Um, what about over to the left near the rocks?” I say.
“Yeah, I agree with Kim” Josh explains.
“That’s a first” I mumble under my breath.

“JOSH WHAT DID YOU DO THAT FOR?”
“Do what?”
“WHY DID YOU CHUCK A WHOLE HEAP OF SAND AT ME?”
“Sorry I was digging.”
“Sure you were,” I say calming down a bit.
“You got it in my hair,” I commented sadly.
“Mum, I’m going into the water to clean off,” I tell her.

When I’m up to where I can’t stand, I go under and spot a dolphin ten meters away. I swim up to it and it doesn’t move. I can touch it and it looks a bit different to other dolphins!! And all of a sudden…
“Hello I’m Scarlet,” the dolphin said
“Who was that?” I burst out, just as I realize I can’t breathe under water!! I pop up and then go back under water to investigate. The dolphin is still there and I’m sort of getting worried for it now.
I move towards the back of the dolphin and suddenly get winded and land back on the beach next to Mum.

“What just happened to me?” I ask Mum.
“Well. all we saw is that you came flying out of the water. Are you hurt?”
“Yeah I’m fine just a bit winded, WHERES JOSH??” I say needy.
“Over by the rocks, why?” Mum asks
“Don’t worry about it!!” I say as I run over to the rocks just as I find Josh.
“JOSH, I need your scuba stuff!” I say.
“It’s next to Mum,” he says without even looking up.

I run back to Mum and grab the scuba stuff. Once I get it on I swim back out to where I was. The dolphin is STILL there!!?? I’m getting confused now, I examine it without going to the back and all of a sudden I notice something. It looks like a zip. I touch it and pull and it opens up!! There is something odd inside the dolphin, then I notice something familiar, a pink strip of hair!?

When I figure it out something blurts out of my mouth…
“ZARA!!!!”
“Yeah it’s me,” she replies
“What are you doing?” I ask her.
“Well I got dared to pull a prank on you, the boys chose it,”
“Which boys?”
“Zac and Toby, they asked Josh where you were going to be today,”
“So Josh knew!!?” I say angrily but calming down
“Yep…”

As we head in we sneak over to the rocks to scare Josh, and we scared him good!!!! We all head home to our house, even Zara and her family and we all have pizza and argue about what movie to watch.



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!