Goldern Heart ??

It was a dark stormy night, dark grey clouds covering the hole sky. Reaching into my pocket. I grabbed half a golden heart held onto by a bit of string that my parents put around my neck when I was taken by strangers at the age of 5. I held it up to my chest and wished that i could get out of this place alive. Right now I'm in Pakistan I have just turned 15 and I live with my two foster parents. At the moment I'm waiting to get onto the boat to escape from the wars, when I felt like I was missing something at first I ignored it but about 5 minutes later i heard shouting. The boat had arrived and the noises kept getting louder. "HONK HONK" the boat sounded as it pulled up onto the shores. My foster parents called out telling me to hurry or ill be left. When i was on the boat i looked over the side and i saw a face pop out of an old shed. It was a ladys face that somehow looked familiar. I had to get off this boat. When it started up and went out about 10 metres I quickly jumped of and went to see who that lady was. When i reached the shore she walked out and I saw something shiny hanging around her neck it was a necklace with a half a heart pendant dangling. I took a closer look and i soon saw it was my mother. I ran as fast as i could and gave her a huge hug. I put my side of the heart up to hers and it matched. We talked allot and she told me all about how i was taken and what my real name was "Zoha" she said.
I thought it sounded better than Mabel. We left the next day on the second boat. When we got to our destination we stayed in a refuge for 2 years were i met other refugees. Then we were released into Australia were we lived in a nice house in a nice neighbourhood with nice neighbours in the beautiful city of canberra. Later on my mother hade another boy that i named Bobby Blue but his traditional name was Ali.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!