Haunting Howl

The dead body moaned. Patrick opened his eyes, every time he closed them he saw the rotting corpse of his sister. He fell back on to his bed and looked out of his window at the castle on top of Haunted Hill, it was called that for a reason.
He blew his fiery red curls out of his bright blue eye and out of his leaf green eye. His mum stood in his room's doorway. Her black hair was tied in a plait. Patrick swung his feet over the side of his bed and slipped his red and black uggboots on. His sister, Pansy, peered round the door, her big blue eyes stared at him. Her black hair was also tied up in a plait.
"What's wrong Patrick? You look depressed." His mum asked as she walked over to Patrick and sat next to him and Pansy also rushed over to him, "I don't want to talk about it!" Sighed Patrick.
The day became night, Patrick couldn't sleep, instead he looked out his window at the graveyard below the castle. He remembered what happened to his father. Ten years ago when Patrick was eight, he witnessed the wraith of the supernatural creature that attacked his family and his father was the victim of the unreal creature that lurked in the castle. Two days after that horrifying event they had a funeral. All they could find were pieces of his clothing.
A howl interrupted Patrick's thoughts. A window in the castle lit up and an eerie wolf silhouette stood in the window. Patrick rubbed his eyes thinking it was an illusion but it was still there, he rubbed his eyes again. It wasn't a hallucination.
Patrick grabbed his binoculars, it was an incredible sight.
It was a wolf-like creature that his dad described in his book.
Patrick looked closer and saw a book in the wolf's hand.
The wolf began howling a chant-like sound.
Patrick found a page that had fallen from the book. He examined it.
The wolf stopped.
Patrick examined the page and his eyes grew wide. The wolf had cursed his family.
The wolf made one last howl and Patrick's family dropped down all dead.
The end.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!