Sheer Cliffs

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

Back in Australia they march with dignity and pride, honoring the men who had hope and then died.
As the trumpet blared in ANZAC cove, the poppies were trampled and off they rode.
Up sheer cliffs they went, valiant and brave but the Turks shot them down all morals betrayed.
Patriotism surged through shattered hearts but they kept on going to play their part.
The biscuits were sent along with their love the pureness and hope like those of a dove.
Women received the dreadful news, there hope was murdered with the utmost abuse.
As the brave hearted fled in the cover of night there was nothing but horror and sadness in sight, the bloodstained poppies grew hope in the sand that same place where death met the faith of man.
So now as we stand here feeling blue remember they were saving you.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!