A Christmas Day Snowed Under

One snowy winter’s day, the snow was finer than ever, in fact if you could make snow in to sugar this sugar would be icing sugar, but there was something peculiar about that day, it was the clouds they made shapes of animals then split apart and made another animal. How do I know that because I was there.
Oh the joy of Christmas, bells, roast diner, snow ball fights, Santa and most of all presents the sound of the tearing f wrapping paper. Carol singers knocking on the door every hour, but this Christmas there were no carol singers and no snowball fights. We were snowed under! “Likable lollypops” sobbed mum.” Boastful blueberries” boasted dad. “Sizzling sticks” cried my sister. “OMG” I said looking up at the windows when a shovel truck went past, and did not stop.
“Grab the shovels” said dad. We swiftly went down to the basement and looked around until we saw a big box witch had writing on it saying mountain tools, we all looked thru it, we found pickaxes, gloves, masks then we found the shovels. We tried to open the door but it couldn’t budge.
“What about the heaters”? I suggested. “The what”? asked mum. “The heaters. If we keep the heaters on all day we could generate enough heat to melt the snow”. “Well let’s get right to it”. We turned the heaters on and waited all day until the snow was gone.
We went outside and looked up and saw all the animals in the sky and the icing sugar snow liking all of the windows. It turned to be a good day.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!