Lessons Are Learnt

"Swim, Swim, Swim" called Bernie the Trout fish.
"okay" called Sam, Bernie's dad.
So Bernie and Sam swam around the big lake...
“LOOKOUT” yells Sam. “a shark!!”.
“Swim, swim, swim” calls Bernie.
“Swim like a speed boat” boasts Sam.
“Come on” yells Bernie “I’ll race you!!!’.
“You bet squeals!!” Sam excitedly
“On your marks, get set, go!!” screams Bernie even more excited
So Bernie and Sam swim around the lake again…. And again … and again.
They swam until they could swim no more
“Let’s get something to eat” says Bernie
“Mmm. Some delicious lake worms” yells Sam.
So Bernie races to the bottom of the lake looking for worms…
While Sam swims off in the other direction to look for a nice place to eat he spots something that looks like a fin out of the corner of his eye…. Then it clicked SHARK!
“Bernie where are you”?? screams Sam in panic but Bernie was nowhere to be seen.
Sam picks up a bit of driftwood when suddenly Bernie appears with a plate of worms
Here Tim says Bernie are you hungry?
The shark named Tim nods his head
“Here then Tim you can share lunch with us today” says Bernie happily.
“But he’s a shark” Sam stammers.
Well dad you’ve been taught two very important lessons today
Number one don’t judge a book by its cover and two treat everyone the way you would like to be treated.
Okay thanks son says Sam…
THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!