Under The Tree, Through The Door

I don't have a lot of time.
I have to spit out every last word.
This tiny tape-recorder I am talking into is all I have left.
I can't think for the life of me what happened for me to get to this.
I can recall slight bits though.
I'll try to make the blur of my mind a straight story.
It all started in 1989.
I was a boy, twelve years of age. Friends with a small girl named Harley Davis. She came up to me and asked me to follow her…
“Why? Where are we going?” I asked.
“What? Oh, nothing, just follow me!” she replied seemingly excited as she scurried along down to the path.
We hurried along until we stop in a forest with a musty lighting.
“Why did you drag me here?” I asked looking at my surroundings.
“Look down!” she said like it was obvious.
I looked down and saw a small door under the tree.
“How did you find this?” I questioned.
“Oh you know, I was just exploring,” Harley answered.
“Come on!” Harley exclaimed, just before she opened the door and jumped in.
“What!?” I yelled.
But it was too late. Harley had already jumped in.
I questioned it but then decided to jump in as well.
Nothing bad was going to happen, right?
I jumped in.
It was all grimy and disgusting; I immediately regretted it as I looked up and saw how far away the light was.
I tried to call her.
“Harley?” I waited a second… no response. “Harley Davis?”
I heard nothing.
Scared, I went and looked through where I had landed. I realised I was in a small cave. I stepped forward a few steps and the cave lighted up with torches of fire lighting the way. I thought it was a bad sign but it was all I could do at the moment. I walked slowly and took every step carefully.
“Hey! Harley?” I said scared as I saw a shadow in front of me.
I walked forward and grabbed one of the torches of fire to reveal what it was.
It was Harley, standing in front of me with a blank, lifeless expression.
To Be Continued…..

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!