Pat And Rocky

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

?Pat and Rocky?
Pat is a nine year old girl, she is an only child. She has blondish brownish hair and hazel eyes but most people would say they’re green. Rocky is two and fourteen in dog years, he is a Beagle. Rocky and Pat are best of friends.
Today is the fifteenth day at their new house. In the back yard is a sand pit, Pat and Rocky like to dig there. Pat uses a small yellow spade and Rocky uses his front paws and digs in a messy manner. Pat’s spade hit something. A rock, a missing toy, what was it?
The two friends dug and dug, until out emerged a small jewellery box. The type that has a ballerina and plays music. Except the ballerina was missing in this one. Pat opened in it only to find a strange silver looking key. “I wonder what it is for”; exclaimed Pat in awe.
Pat and Rocky went inside to investigate. Pat realised there was a draw. She opened it and inside was a note that read, “to the lucky finder of this music box I reward you with a key, this key leads somewhere magical”.
Pat looked for a place where the key could fit. In the cupboard? No. The front door? No. They almost lost hope until they stumbled across an old toy box. It was a beautiful toy box with majestic paintings of princesses, fairies and unicorns.
This could be it, but what if it was dangerous? “I don’t know Rocky what if something bad happened to us?” questioned Pat. Rocky put his head down and whined, his eyes looked even more sad than usual. To open or to not open that is the question.
All of a sudden Pat’s inner explorer exploded. “I can’t stand it anymore I must open it’!” said Pat dramatically. Pat got the key and opened the mystical toy box. She opened it the floor was painted to look like clouds. She put in her favourite doll but it instantly disappeared.
She decided to see if her doll had rolled in the corner, as she leaned in she fell. Rocky jumped in after her. ‘AAAAAHHHH!!!’ screamed Pat as she fell out of the sky. She grabbed Rocky.
Suddenly they landed on a fabulous pink Pegasus and a fairy with aqua wings and a turquoise dress.
The Pegasus and the fairy took Pat, Rocky and the doll safely to the ground. “Hi my name is Fairy Floss and this is Turkey the turquoise fairy. After a delicious lunch of butterfly toast and unicorn juice Pat and Rocky went to Rainbow River.

“I wouldn’t mind living here”; said Pat. Turkey used magic and within the blink of an eye out popped a rainbow cottage. Pat’s parents ended up falling down the toy box too. Now they all lived happily ever after.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!