Man In The Blue Box

Bang! I jump out of my comfy bed.’What was that?’ I wonder to myself. I walk swiftly to get the torch. But then I see a horrific sight in front of me half of my house had been blown up. I realise how lucky I was then. I grab the torch and get outside and hear this eerie sound through the wind. Then I spot a bright glow out of the trees. As I push my way inside of the trees I spot a man wearing clothes that look like they are from the 1950s.He was sitting on a police box from when mum and dad were kids. I threaten him saying “why did you try to blow me up and my house?” He looked at me and said “It was a very big accident.” My face turned red and I was full of anger. Then shouted right at him “I will call the police.” He wasn’t listening to me at all then he clicked a button and then a bright light shone and then we were gone.
It was really hard to open my eyes then I stood up and opened my eyes.”Where am I?” I asked tiredly. I looked up and saw a sign saying ‘The Guardian’. I looked around me and I was in a large ship and it was full of buttons.Then I saw the same man running down the stairs. I asked him “what are you doing to me?” He replied “I need help to save earth from an astroid. Will you help me no questions okay?” I agreed if he would take me home. He threw a piece of metal at me and instantly turned into a advanced spacesuit and gave me a bomb and a grapple hook. “In space really,” I asked. He nodded forwards and told me to use the jetpack to get to the astroid. I jumped out and the astroid was in my sight it was going slowly and it got faster and faster. I landed and the man was right behind me then I planted the bomb in the hole and then I aimed the grapple hook at the ship but then I got hit by a rock and then blacked out.
I woke up back in bed. ‘Was that a dream?’ I thought even though it was amazing. I find a note on the side of my bed saying thank you. I went outside and the house was fixed too. I wonder who was that man in the blue box?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!