Village Crisis

The sounds of bombs were terrifying to the villagers of wolumba. Just this morning they were going about their normal lifes, until to their suprise a war had corupted. This village was definetly not a wealthy one. They had to live on what ever they found. Now almost everything was torn to threads. The streets had gigantic holes, their huts and tents were being torn violently and many people were dying. But just around the corner of where the war was taking place a young fellow by the name of William and his sister Violet were huddled up so close together to each other that they could her one anothers heart beat.
" William, remarked Violet shaking, we should maybe go back home and try to find mother and father, but it is too terrifying."
Wiliam didnt know what to say he was feeling the exact same way. But her knew what the right things was to do.
" Violet i am as terrifyed as you are, exclaimed William, but we know what we must do."
As Violet and her brother set off to find their beloved parents, villagers were running past them with a scrunched up face looking terrifyed as well as in pain. They both stopped for a moment and glared at the sky it was getting gloomy and dark and they could still hear the bombs setting off. The siblings then realised their home was only a few blocks away and went on. As they were just about to approach their front door a friendly looking man about 6 ft tall with a long brown beard came up behind them to question them both.
" Do you two live here" questioned the man. William nor did his sister know this man. Both of them knew they should never tell a stranger where they live, but in this circumstance they thought it was neccasary.
" Yes we do sir" Violet remarked.
" Could we help with anything" William exclaimed, trying to at least put a grin on his face.
" Well in this case i have some depressing news, the man explained with a frown, a little earlier on i was seeking a terrible event. A couple were running as fast as a cheetah in to this very house. they closed the door with relief thinking they were safe. As they were chatting away i saw many army soldiers around the house, obiviously they thought the house was a threat. After a few moments soldiers ran in. After minutes the soldiers came out with the bodys of those who entered this house moments ago."
There was a moment of silence. There was a moment of tears. You are probably thinking this is the end of the story. But its only just the beginning.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!