Question Number One

Today started with my alarm clock going off at 6:00am waking me ready for a new day at school after a long boring weekend. As I got ready I thought about the exciting day ahead; we would be finding out more about the upcoming quiz show that was to be held at our school the following week. The prize was to be cash and I really wanted to win so that I could buy my own school and be the principal. I wanted to be the one making the rules for a change!
Once I got to school and the bell had rung I rushed to class and got on with my work. Just before recess there was a meeting with all the Senior students about the quiz show. Firstly there would be trials which were to be held in the hall tomorrow. These trials would determine who would make it to the competition that was to be held Wednesday the following week. We would have to sit a general knowledge test. The six students with the highest score would go through to the final competition. I signed up immediately.
School flew by and before I knew it, it was Tuesday; time for the trials. I hoped I would get in. As my competitors trooped in I had a good look around and felt pretty confident. Ms Capble then said to begin our test. I think I did really well.
The rest of the week flew by in a blur until Monday when the results of the trial were to be announced. As we filed in for assembly they started reading out the names of those who got in. I wasn’t paying much attention until they read out my name; I got in!
The rest of the day flew by until Wednesday when the competition was to be held. I rushed to get ready so I could squeeze in a little bit of revision before the competition started. Tucking my quiz cards in my bag I ran all the way to the hall to take my place in the competition. I was nervous but also excited; this was my chance. The Senior students filed into the hall and the competitors took their place up on the stage with their buzzers at the ready. The questions came thick and fast and the sound of the buzzers was deafening. After the first ten questions I was doing pretty well; I was coming second but still had a way to go. Ten questions left; I could do this. With only one question to go I drew level. Time seemed to slow down. As the question was read out I hit my buzzer with force; I knew the answer to this one but I wasn’t quick enough. I held my breath as my competitor answered but they got it wrong! Over to me; my answer was correct and I had won! My plans for my own school were about to become a reality!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!