The Forest

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

I was walking home from school one day when a forest suddenly appeared. As I stepped inside the cascade of green, the ground began to shake. Suddenly the footpath disappeared and I was standing in a soft, green field. I looked around and saw that all the houses had turned into enormous leafy trees, the telegraph poles and lines had turned into bright green, leafy vines and the cars had turned into beautiful wild animals. I turned round and round in utter astonishment. Then, all at once, the wild animals rushed to the field and started to dance. As I looked around in amazement at the vast amount of creatures, I saw extremely amusing sites. There was a group of lions dancing a rather ferocious dance, whilst next to them a pair turtles were doing an EXTREMELY slow waltz. It was such a funny site! I took a step closer to have a better look at the hilarious animals but as soon as I did, the forest disappeared. I looked around in surprise, where had it gone? "Had I just imagined it?" I said to myself sadly, and walked on home alone.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!