Parasites!


I plunged my hand into Hannah's gigantic bush of hazel-brown hair and drew it back out, uncovering a live bunch of bothersome head lice. Exchanging grins, we continued to carry out our plan. The rest of the school were in assembly, so hopefully no-one will see us committing something that is totally forbidden. Our mischievous scheme goes like this..... Arrive at school and spread Hannah's lice around to prevent the dreaded whole-school exam! Fortunately, everyone's hats were outside including all the teachers' hats too, which was perfectly perfect. Also, both of us believed if we split up and filled everyone's hats with lice, the school would be full of those pests in time to join the second half of the briefing.

"Thank you everyone, and have a wonderful day!" As Mr Grumblegrumble concluded babbling gobbledegook, Adeline, Hannah and I traded eager looks. Although putting parasites into hats was extremely crummy, it's probably going to be comedic to watch EVERY Tom, Dick and Harry (and Charlie??)scratching their heads off! Anyway, it's recess, so let the show begin!!!

You know how you get this urge to tell someone something,you know and they don't? That's happening to me right now! Lucky for me and my team, the
'Terrible Trio', have come up with a strict rule preventing secrets being let out.
Of course, my amazing team have not filled our own hats with pesky parasites, so we should be able to not get caught and also enjoy the school explode with head lice!

It wasn't long before lice started spreading. Mr Reese, the sport teacher, got it first. Scratching vigorously, he threw a bucket of a substance he thought was water, but the parasites were on fire! Sniggering, I tried to restrain from praising my team for that idea. Even if we got caught, it'll still be funny!

Mr Grumblegrumble stalked around the whole school, as a deadly silence filled the atmosphere except the shooka shooka of scratching. He glared at some of the usual suspects if something goes wrong- Charlie McPeanut, Rob Glob and Boberta Williams, but they didn't show a single sliver of guilt. I could also sense that my team was getting anxious. "Act normal", I whispered, but of course if you want to act normal you don't know exactly what normal is. I watched solemnly as he glanced at the other kids. As quick as lightning, Mr Grumblegrumble flicked his eyes towards us with great celerity.
Now the usual natter started, but a stern "SILENCE!!!" Quieted the school. The principal turned his head facing us, and he shouted in our ears "WHAT ARE THEY DOING AND YOU'RE NOT?!" I looked around, and I couldn't believe it. I can't believe we forgot to scratch!

Expelled from school was enough, but the consequences I got from my mother was worse. I guess that really taught me a lesson, and that's why when I went back to a different school, I was the best!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!