Lava Lamp

This is a disaster, and it is all because of the lava lamp my brother got me for my birthday, the moment that he gave it to me I knew there was somthing wrong, how every time I looked at it I just wanted to smash it open and see what would happen, but I didn't smash it open (No my cat saw to that.), I kept it in tip top condition, but now it's broken and the floor has changed.
You see... The lava lamp didn't just get some wax in the carpet, it actually turned the floor into lava, but not just any lava, this lava doesn't burn furniture, only living things as I learnt after my cat knocked both the lamp itself and my plant onto the floor, smashing the lamp and the pot the plant was in, immediately the plant went up in flames and disappeared into the lava.
Stupid cat, look at her sat over on my dresser cleaning herself as if she though I was angry at the posters on my wall rather than her.
Ahwell it could be worse, the cat could be in there too.
The biggest problem is that I'm stuck if I could work out a way to get outside I Gould let all the lava out and the lava would be home free or my home would be lava free.
But I can't all the furniture in my room was removed so that I could clean it, all that's left is my bed, the bedside table where the lamp was and the dresser my cat is on... Wait dresser, dressers have shelves, I'll jut take the smallest two draws and make my to the door by stepping on one and putting the other in front then stepping onto the draw that is Infront and repeating the process.
Now my biggest problem is getting the draws, they are half a meter away, any other time that would be easy but I'm stood on a bed and when ever I move the place I stand sinks down, that means I could fall into the lava...
What I could do is lie on my back and grab the handle with my feet, that means that when I grab the closest draw I can stand in it and pull the next one out, sounds easy enough...

Good news it was really easy and I'm half way to the door, bad news is that mum is due home any minute now and like I said I'm only half way there, I'm contemplating jumping on the mat that stretches from the hallway to the door, problem is it could sink and i would fall in, best idea I've got though, I'm gonna jump.
I'm stood in the back draw and am about to jump for the mat, if I don't make it tell my mum I love her... And I've jumped, iadn now I've landed, but my earlier prediction was right the mat is sinking, I'd better run.
I'm at the door and I've got the handle, but hear mum's car outside and she's gonna as questions no doubt about it, but never mind that she will thank me later, I turn the knob and all of a sudden the lava is gone, not even out the door just gone.
I turn around grabbing both draws on the way and sprint down to m room, the lava lamps is fine and so is my plant... Maybe it was just my imagination I think as I put my draws back and I hear a smash from behind... The cat knocked the lava lamp of my bedside table...
Here we go again!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!