A Dangerous Life

As I am an undercover police officer it is my duty to protect the ones that mean most to me. I saw Bradley standing in the centre of the entry where he can be clearly seen. There was a sniper gunner in B3 in the maths classroom, the gunner came into the school while lunch was still on and no teachers were there which was odd. Bradley yelled in agony
“WHAT WAS THAT!?”.
I automatically demanded that everyone get on the ground and to not be seen. Matt came down from the staffroom stairs and said perturbed.
“why is everyone on the ground!?”
I inconsolable replied.
“he's been shot but he's all right he's still moving”.
Matt's face was in disturbance and scarcely replied
“do you know where?”.
I reply urgently “ he's been shot in the stomach”

I glance through the window and saw Dave Newman, the last time I saw him was last year in year 9.
This time, he had a ponytail, beard and a stupendous mole on his forehead. Matt took out his phone and began to timorously dial the police. (my team)
“Matt wait let me talk to them please!”
I said anxiously.
I answered apprehensively.
“Hello! This is junior Sargent Sasha working for Tactical Response, I was recently working at Safety Bay Senior High-school searching for a Dave Newman. I believe he is In the school in maths room B3, please get me Leon Munich on the phone!”.
“ok Sash go!” he pronounced anxiously.
“ok Leon I need visual in the area now, his plate name is Alpha, Romeo, Foxy, 168 (ARF- 168).
I responded in a scramble.

Since I was too busy applying pressure to the wound on Brad, Leon telephoned the ambulance the ( TR) team finally came the team gave me a bulletproof vest and handgun. The crew sneakily were going around, with Michael with a sniper and the rest with handguns including myself. Stella guided me towards Dave after I had wrapped his wound in Matt's jacket and we planned our way around the classroom, myself and Joshua on the side of the wall with our backs facing the wall Stella and Michael in the back and Dominick in the front. Stella knocks down the door and points the gun toward Dave we all scream.
“PUT THE GUN DOWN AND PUT YOUR HANDS BEHIND YOUR HEAD!”.

When we arrived at the hospital after the surgery and countless hours of waiting he awoke from the gases. Bradley asked for the parents to leave the room.
“I just wanted to thank you for saving my life” answered Bradley happily.
“come here” demanded Bradley
“thank you”.
He leans in we kiss the kiss was slow to display happiness, freedom and love for one another.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!