Darkness

It was just getting dark as I entered the alley. I rounded the corner and then I saw it, the great black dog was nearly twice my size. It reared up and pounced, I dived to the side and ran for the nearest door which was black and intimidating with a gold lion knocker. I pulled open the door and slammed it behind me, the last thing I saw before I was plunged into darkness was the beasts snarling face. I dropped to the floor and caught my breath. I could still hear the dog outside, then a jolt against my back made me stand up. I ran around the room trying to find something, anything. Jackpot! The lights flickered on revealing a small room with nothing but the door and a control panel on the far wall. I franticly tried pushing all the buttons on the panel, then as I pressed the green button I heard a whirring, then my stomach dropped as I plummeted through what once was steady floor.
A searing pain ripped through my body as I hit a smooth surface, as I slid through blackness the pain in my spine receded and I came back to reality. I was lost sliding down what seemed to be a never ending slide. The slide kept going then I started to fall again, with a surprisingly quiet thud I hit solid ground, I scrambled to my feet and calmed myself down. I looked around the dark room, the light flickered and the air was cold all the walls were made of the same dull grey concrete, in the middle of the room was a large grey concrete table and twelve grey chairs.
I heard voices coming from what was most likely the hallway. The voices were getting louder, a deep voice, a man and a high one, a woman, as the voices got even louder I ducked under the table, the door creaked open and in stepped a large pair of feet in a pair of Nikes followed by a pair of bright red stilettos. “Our security has been breached” said the man with a gruff tone “so I heard, someone probably just wandered in without realizing” replied the high pitched voice of the woman “and how do you think they got past Wolf” the man retorted. I figured Wolf was the dog outside, then I realized I could be anywhere. As I was thinking, I wasn’t paying attention to what the voices were saying and I was now staring into the yellow eyes of a hairy faced man. He opened his mouth revealing rotten teeth and said “Gottcha”.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!