Jade's Big Adventure

Once there lived a girl named Jade and her cat CJ. Jade is a thirteen year old girl, short with blonde and golden straight hair and big blue eyes. Her cat CJ is ginger with white spots, who can talk and turn into different weapons when Jade gets herself into sticky situations. They live in a small white house with Mum and Dad, which is near a huge blue lake. At the lake, there lives hundreds of turtles, thousands of colourful parrots, huge jumping kangaroos and last but not least kookaburras with their amazing loud laughter.
Today is an ordinary day just like the others. All Jade did was go to school and work, work, work. Then she went home and ate dinner, had a bath, got into her PJ’s and went to bed… BORING!!! In the morning, Jade woke up, had breakfast and decided to go to the Lake. “Hopefully today won’t be as boring as yesterday,” she thought to herself. Then Jade gasps, on the way to the Lake she sees blood on the path. “Where does that lead to?” she thinks. Jade follows the dark red trail of blood.
“It leads to the Lake,” she says to CJ. She sees a parrot with a broken wing, a turtle with no shell, a kangaroo with a broken foot and a kookaburra with no laughter. “What happened to these animals CJ, should we ask?” “Meow, yes,” replied CJ. Jade asks, “What happened to all of you?” “A giant black robot panther hurt us.” “Why?” said Jade. “Because he’s jealous,” said all the animals at the same time. “He is jealous of my beautiful colours,” said the parrot. “He is jealous of my dark green hard shell,” said the turtle. “He is jealous of my ability to jump,” said the Kangaroo. “He is jealous of my amazing laughter,” said the kookaburra.
Jade and CJ ran back to the house to get bandages to help the animals.
Meanwhile, when Jade and CJ where bandaging up the animals the huge, black robot panther came.
When the Panther sees CJ he is jealous of her colours too and then CJ turns into a giant hammer and starts fighting the Panther. Jade shouts, “STOP!” “Why are you jealous of these animals? You have beautiful black fur and dark blue eyes, none of the other animals have that, so why are you jealous of them?”
The panther replies, “I think they are more beautiful than me.” “But they are not,” said CJ. “You should like you, just as you are,” replied Jade. “We are all special like you and we are all different. Like the turtle has its shell, the kangaroo its jumping ability, the parrots’ colourful feathers and the kookaburra’s laugh.”
When the Panther realises Jade is right, he becomes friends with all the animals. He helps nurse them back to health and keeps them safe from predators.
Jade and CJ return home to eat dinner, have a bath, get into their PJ’s and go to bed wondering if tomorrow will be boring or another big adventure? The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!