In Flanders Fields

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

Flanders fields, a place where poppies grow. A place where soldiers lie , dead after serving in the war.

Just think of the way they felt, constantly scared and never feeling safe.Thinking about home and their family, hoping they would make it home alive and be able to see them again. Hoping that once again you’ll be able to feel the comfort and safe feeling that being with your family provides.

It’s hard to have hope. Seeing the people around you die, knowing that if you make the wrong move you’ll die too. Seeing your best mates, or people you know being shot through the head, or some other place. Its hard to stay hopeful, when you are constantly surrounded by death.

When they finally arrive home, it’s just not the same. You just aren’t the same as you were. You are Traumatized and happy to be home all at the same time. Its hard remembering the fear that you felt.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!